Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hairs, Sparrows, and Plane Crashes


I've come to find believe that when it's my time to die, I'll just go. I can't really fight what's supposed to happen because I know my Lord and King is in control.

When I share this idea with others, many people argue, "Well, what if you're in an airplane and it's the pilot's time to die?"

I've always laughed off the comment, but never had a response.

Well, today I saw a story on the news... A pilot of a Continental Airlines plane died midflight of a heart attack. HOWEVER, two copilots took over, the stewardesses continued giving out snacks, and the plane landed ON TIME. How's that for control? God is not going to let anyone die "accidentally." He doesn't let things happen without a purpose, even when bad things do happen to us.

Matthew 10:29-31 says, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

I know God will take care of me. He has set a destiny for me, and no matter what it is, I'm ready to follow where he'll lead. God is Good.

*Note: Today's picture is not my own. Credit goes to http://www.iwrc-online.org/kids/Facts/Birds/bird_families.htm.

3 comments:

Abby Normal June 19, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

wow. however, the idea of a dead guy in the cockpit would freak me out. but it is comforting to know that God has it all under control.

Spencer June 27, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

lol. it's kind of funny though, that the news people specifically said that the plane landed on time.

KathleenM,  June 27, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Hi Spencer! Thanks for visiting my blog! :) I see that if you come to Lubbock, it won't be too far of a journey for you.

As for the zumo and jugo thing... I think it is a matter of geography! I have heard both terms. A lot of my Spanish comes from my own travels in South and Central America. One brother of mine spent a lot of time in Spain, and we are each always amazed at what the other says sometimes. I always thought zumo was specific to Spain, but who knows?

grace and peace, Kathleen

My Blog List

Followers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP